Xin chao!
I am here in Vietnam and sorry that it has taken me a few days to set up this blog for you to read. The internet connection is somewhat troublesome. I am staying in a guesthouse (which is like a cross between a motel and a youth hostel) and we only have internet by piggy-backing off nearby networks, which is unreliable. but we seem to have found the spot for it in the courtyard down the hall, which is where i am now. Photos will follow when i have a good chunk of time to wait for them to load.
It has been downpouring for the last 30 minutes here and every few hours since we arrived. It is the rainy season but they say it is almost over.
I started language classes yesterday and already can carry on very limited and stilted conversation. we can talk about name, nationality, phone number, and profession. and I can count to one thousand.
The food is great here and really cheap. My favorite breakfast choice is ban mai (I am not sure how it is spelled but it is pronounced something like that). It is a little bagette filled with egg and veggies and some sort of soy sauce and the best one I have found so far had cheese in it.
Everything here is so new and exciting and it would take too long to write all of it here. I will write again soon with updates. Thanks for checking in on my adventures abroad!
love,
Maggie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Maggie, what's your address so that we can Google Earth you?
ReplyDeleteMaggie-
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a fantastic time! Would love to see some pictures. Do you have to take malaria medicine when you are there? That was the one thing Leah wasn't crazy about in Africa. But one must do what one must do, huh?
Keep the entries coming!
Mrs. McKellop
Mrs. McKellop: I am working on pictures as so as I finish this message so hopefully you will be able to see them soon. I have malaria medicine that I have to take only in the areas with a risk. All the same, I am trying to be careful to wear bug repellant all the time!
ReplyDeletePatrick: The address is 45 Ðinh Tiên Hoàng, P. Bến Nghé, Q. 1, TP. HCM.